Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Influences: Ken Wong



credits to Ken Wong @ http://www.kenart.net


Ken Wong is an artist I've been following for about three years.

Wong is currently an art director for Spicy Horse, a Shangai-based videogame compay. He has worked with American McGee on the online game Grimm, and as recently announced, will be working on a sequel to American McGee's Alice.

Besides his versatility in style, there is an unmistakably magical quality about his artwork that drew me in long before I understood the finer technical qualities of art. Wong also pulls off these wonderfully crazy things with color and pattern that I adore.

I definitely recommend that people check out his work at:
Ken Wong Illustration & Design



In other news
For the time being, I will not be continuing my education at FIT, or at MassArt as it seems. I don't know whether I'll try to apply again, but I'll be taking some time off to contemplate my situation. I'm not too disheartened, though, so don't worry! I only just turned twenty (oh, what a birthday present...) and I still have time to figure out what I'm going to do about all of this.

Until then, I'll still be continuing making art...and I'll probably be looking for a job to pay off those loans once the financers realize I'm not a full time student anymore. Ouch!!



Besos
- Larissa

1 comment: