Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fresh Start


-18"x24" oil on canvas-


Portrait paintings intimidate me, I admit wholeheartedly. So, I figured that as an inaugural post, I'd give you all...a portrait painting.

Before college, I wasn't very skilled at painting at all. Its taken a lot of practice to improve, so looking at what I can do now has been a great confidence boost. (Though, as I'm looking at the uploaded pictures right now, my nitpicking is really making my brain tick with how I can make this better!)

As it stands now, the portrait is not finished...might work on it more after I keep it away from my sights for a few days.



Thanks to anyone who took a few minutes to visit the blog via my Facebook notice.
I'm not sure who has a blogspot, so just drop a message so I can look at your stuff too. :D


- Larissa

4 comments:

  1. That's GORGEOUS!!! The only painting I ever did was a copy of Van Gogh's "Cafe Terrace at Night".

    Feel free to visit my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa your a talented painter I can already tell. You must have had kokinos havent you? I like what you have and cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The portrait reminds me of a balding Capello. S-E-X-Y. Just a suggestion, you should play "Pose" when you paint portraits! Would you like to see my artwork too? It's comprised of sophisticated stick figures. Huhehahaha.

    ReplyDelete